Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Click-BOOM!: A photographic history

Hello, and welcome to Silver Dollar Values 5th (or something) official blogpost. 
First off allow me to apologize for my week long hiatus. Because of spring break and good weather, I had no time to sit and write a blog. My deepest condolences to you for a week of having nothing good to read. As customary in any good blog, we hear at SDV would like to recap every single thing that happened in between now and our last posting (March 3rd, 2011). I will do this using Times New Romans because it's somber enough to be taken seriously as a chronologically driven block text font, yet because of its purpose (to go over what happened in a certain period of time) and its name (times), it's a pun, which makes it AWESOME! Here it is:

3/4- Because CONgress can't get along and play nice the government sends thousands of federal employees home without pay.
3/5- Eva Mendes turned 36
3/6- Nintendo releases Pokemon' Black and White to the world
3/7- Nothing happened
3/8- International women's day and Mardi Gras--Women celebrating their history, one drunken flash at a time.
3/9- According to www.abovetopsecret.com, this was the official beginning of the New Age of Consciousness.
3/10- Thomasine Dixon, 76, of Pensacola died Thursday March 10th in his home due to heart failure. 
3/11- Japan gets cluster F***ed
3/12- Everyone forgets about Japan as NCAA basketball is now in full swing
3/13- People care more about Charlie Sheen than 80,000 Japanese people
3/14- Justin Beiber plays in London as part of his My World tour
3/15- Nothing

(never mind that not being funny at all, that was not at all fun to do and I greatly regret doing it)

Notable other things that happened that hadn't been mentioned previously:
The People's Key- Bright Eye's new CD!



On with the post
This week, I was going over the pictures in my phone. After careful deliberation I've to share some with you, my loyal readers. Enjoy!




First off, a seemingly innocent can (I guess it's a can) of biscuits. I must admit, even I forgot why I took a picture of this. Then I remembered! When I was visiting my parents during winter break, I missed the simple things that Memphis had to offer me that I did not have there. Racism, religious ignorance, high crime rate, humidity, Wendeys,  Kroger. They didn't have Krogers there, instead, they had Fred Myer (no "s". I know, dumb right?!) and Winco. But, one night, while grocery shopping, I stumbled upon a can that had that clever and recognizable insignia on it. It reminded me of home.


Next, a picture of a boxed season of Gilmore Girls I found at a thrift store in Portland. Personally, I think the show is very weak. It lacks any sense of relate-ability and the acting is nothing less than atrocious. Without fail, a typical scene will always include the little one speaking too fast while complaining about some trivial problem to a mom who seems to understand perfectly well what she's going through. 1 out 5 stars I say, none the less, it reminded me of Molly, so I took a picture to send to her.



This is the workshop at the University of Memphis. I am very grateful that the University allows me to work in an environment as inspiring as this. The large windows are nice because you don't feel all alone when working all by yourself late at night. Also, I have every tool I could ever imagine on hand at my disposal, and I am very fortunate that my school has given me the opportunity to try my hand at basically every instrument I need. This is not sarcasm. I really feel this way.


"Bimbo". That's funny!


Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles…Way to raise the bar. I believe this was the conversation at Ruffles HQ:
"Boss, I have a great idea regarding a new flavor of chip"
"oh yea? What's that?"
"ok. Well, what's you're least favorite thing"
"why that's easy--Unloaded chips"
"Right! That's why I propose a chip flavor. LOADED CHILI & CHEESE"
"yes yes, this could work. But what about the bag? Should we change it at all?!"
"Oh no. Let's just add a large picture of a hard attack on the front of the bag!"
"Genius!"


The were the before pictures of cookies Molly and I made. There was supposed to be an after picture, but I forgot to take one. Either way, I really think they are very beautiful. Molly decorated the bottom row. Notice, her middle one has an even distribution of sprinkles, while the one all the way to the right has the letter "m" on it…I don't know why "m", but w/e.
Mine on the other hand are quite different. The middle-top one is my nazi cookie as made evident by its sprinkle swastika. Naturally, the one next to it is perfectly round, perfectly pure cookie. They were delicious.


These delicious cupcakes were for a young girls birthday party at seize the clay (I don't know how old she was turning). It was torture. Through the whole party, all I kept telling myself was that at least I got to have one of these. Finally, the party came to an end. Sure enough, the mother came up to me, told me job well done, and gave me a victory cup cake (it was blue. I would have rather had an orange one, but blue was good too). I was so happy. I was so nice during the party and maintained my composure throughout the whole 3 hours for this moment. I went to the back to wash my hands to ensure I could enjoy this tasty treat without getting botchalism or something. Upon returning, I noticed there was a wash rag touching it. I looked up at my co-worker, and said "uh, is this where your wash rag goes, Rene'?!" "I don't have time for your f***ing s*** today, Emanuel!" She then picked up my cupcake, and threw it away in the garbage can. "There. You happy?!"… I wasn't :(.


We bought pickles from wal*mart, and promptly threw them on the ground. 


One great night during spring break, I had the fortune of having nothing to do. So, like anyone else in this position, I decided to watch a little SNL, and play my favorite game of all time-- Field Runners. You may notice what's going on in SNL in this picture, but if not, let me explain what it is. Mike Tyson is watching Keanan Thomson dance and Jack Mcbrayer is nervously smiling. It is was a good night!


Spin art. Pretty cool huh?




And finally, an arial view of my sink at work. I love sink. I think they are very good things to put things in that need to be made wet. I also think that you can put dirty things into them, and when you take them out, they are cleaner. I really like sinks. 
Proclamation: From now on, there will a picture of a sink in every blog post I ever do… 



And so ends this blog post. Not much going on my way lately, so I don't really have much to write about. As always, keep up with all my followers blogs, and don't forget to tune in here every Tuesday (excluding any government observed holidays and school breaks of any kind).
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment